As New York enters phase 3 of re-opening June 12, 2020, we will be expanding to serving wine flights and wine by the glass, along with our other winery, restaurant and brewery neighbors. Please keep in mind when visiting wine country that the running of each business will look a little different, especially as we all navigate through new protocol and safety guidelines. At Hector Wine Company, we’ve been working hard on a plan that not only fits this new model but also makes the experience better than ever for our guests. After all, necessity is the mother of invention! Below is an outline of what you can expect when you come to the winery for a visit.
- Expanded Outdoor Seating. There are tables and chairs spread around the grounds of the winery for the enjoyment of visitors.
- Tasting Flights. Instead of traditional face-to-face tastings, we will be offering the opportunity to choose from a variety of flight choices. Our host at the door will take you to one of our outdoor or indoor tables (limited capacity indoors). You’ll have a server designated to your table who will walk you through the options and then you can choose the wines and the size of the pours. For now, no reservations are required and it is first come, first served. Masks are required until seated at your table.
- Wine by the Glass or Bottle. Enjoy a glass or a bottle with friends at any of our designated outdoor seating areas. Order inside at the tasting bar and check in with our host, or seat yourself at any of the picnic tables in the back lawn or tables and chairs in the front of the winery facing the cherry trees.
- Artisan Market Take-Out or Self-Serve. Shop for locally produced and artisan food goods right in our market. Items are available for take-out and some, like fresh bread and cheese, are available for enjoyment on site. Your server will furnish you with cutting boards and utensils as needed.
- Food Truck Weekends. Shuck Yeah Food Truck will be continue to be parked in front of the winery on most Saturdays this season (keep up with our website for cancellations or a few days that they may park on Sundays instead). Please note that masks and social distancing are required and they operate on a first come, first serves basis until they sell out of food or the winery closes. Carry out or dine in on one of our outdoor tables, or bring your own picnic blanket!
- Take-Out and Curbside Pick-Up. We will still be open for take-out and call ahead curbside pick-up of wine and market items daily. 607-387-1045.
As always, you can count on us for safe and clean practices. In addition to deep cleaning daily, we will be sanitizing all surfaces, handles, bathrooms, tables, etc. throughout the day and there will be hand sanitizer available for use by the register stations and doors.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we transition to re-opening in an exciting way!
Tasting room hours
- MON - FRI
- SAT - SUN