Phase 3 Re-Opening
We have re-opened to serve wine and now offer seated wine flights in lieu of the traditional face to face tasting at the tasting bar. Please note that flight service ends each day at 5:30 promptly and that we operate on a first come, first served basis. No reservations are being accepted at this time. Please also note that we cannot accept groups over 6 people. Until restrictions are lifted there will be no limos or buses accepted of any size group.
Effective July 17, 2020: DUE TO NYS EXECUTIVE ORDER all on site wine consumption must accompanied by a food purchase. Enhance your tasting experience with us by pairing our wines with a diversity of local food from our market or from the food truck on Saturdays. See below for more info.
We also ask you to keep in mind when visiting wine country that the running of each business will look a little different, especially as we all navigate through new protocol and safety guidelines. At Hector Wine Company, we’ve been working hard on a plan that not only fits this new model but also makes the experience better than ever for our guests. After all, necessity is the mother of invention! Below is an outline of what you can expect when you come to the winery for a visit:
- Expanded Outdoor Seating. There are tables and chairs spread around the grounds of the winery for the enjoyment of visitors.
- Tasting Flights. Instead of traditional face-to-face tastings, we will be offering the opportunity to choose from a variety of flight choices. Our host at the door will take you to one of our outdoor or indoor tables (limited capacity indoors). You’ll have a server designated to your table who will walk you through the options and then you can choose the wines and the size of the pours. For now, reservations are not accepted and it is first come, first served. Masks are required until seated at your table.
- Wine by the Glass or Bottle. Enjoy a glass or a bottle with friends at any of our designated outdoor seating areas. Check in with our host first for table service.
- Artisan Market Take-Out or Self-Serve. Shop for locally produced and artisan food goods right in our market. Items are available for take-out and some, like fresh bread and cheese, are available for enjoyment on site. Your server will furnish you with cutting boards and utensils as needed.
- Food Truck Weekends. Shuck Yeah Food Truck will continue to be parked in front of the winery on most Saturdays this season (keep up with our website for cancellations or a few days that they may park on Sundays instead). Please note that masks and social distancing are required and they operate on a first come, first served basis until they sell out of food or the winery closes. Carry out or dine in on one of our outdoor tables, or bring your own picnic blanket!
- Take-Out and Curbside Pick-Up. We will still be open for take-out and call ahead curbside pick-up of wine and market items daily. 607-387-1045.
As always, you can count on us for safe and clean practices. In addition to deep cleaning daily, we will be sanitizing all surfaces, handles, bathrooms, tables, etc. throughout the day and there will be hand sanitizer available for use by the register stations and doors.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we transition to re-opening in an exciting way!
At Hector Wine Company, our portfolio emulates a deep commitment to making wines that reflect our centuries old farm, Sawmill Creek Vineyards. Because of this commitment, we handcraft each wine. This means that we handpick in the vineyard and employ a second hand sort at the winery every time. We allow for long fermentations, often spontaneous, and don’t rush the wines into bottle. Our small production wines are carefully curated to express balance and terroir.
- Soul Red
Our red portfolio is a true reflection of the vineyard. By employing spontaneous fermentations and no fining or filtering, the reds are expressive and distinctive of each vintage. We have compelling blends such as the Essence, varietal bottlings with personality and an approachable blend called Soul Red.
Our white portfolio allows us to create wines with brightness and balance. Aromatic, mainly dry with a few off dry offerings, the whites are teeming with energy. We make mostly varietal bottlings. Some are done in barrel, like the Pinot Blanc while others are made in stainless steel like the Sauvignon Blanc and Dry Riesling. Our Luminessence is a co-fermented blend of the Alsatian white varieties.
- Soul White
Wine Flights & Glasses
Tasting Flights. Instead of traditional face-to-face tastings, we will be offering the opportunity to choose from a variety of flight choices. Our host at the door will take you to one of our outdoor or indoor tables (limited capacity indoors). You’ll have a server designated to your table who will walk you through the options and then you can choose the wines and the size of the pours. For now, no reservations are required and it is first come, first served. Masks are required until seated at your table.
Wine by the Glass or Bottle. Enjoy a glass or a bottle with friends at any of our designated outdoor seating areas. Order inside at the tasting bar and check in with our host, or seat yourself at any of the picnic tables in the back lawn or tables and chairs in the front of the winery facing the cherry trees.
Come see us
Across from the vineyards, surrounded by flower beds and picnic tables, sits our tasting room and wine production facility. Come in during our open hours to experience an environment of warmth and hospitality while learning about and tasting our wines. Every member of our small team is a part of the whole process and therefore offers our visitors a true welcome into the winery.